Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Volunteering
Volunteering is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. I just think that if you can make a difference in one child’s life you change the world a little. I remember one time I was helping this little boy with his homework and I asked him if he was learning anything by me helping him and he said “of course miss natalie you’re a genious” It was them im that moment when I realized I want to work with children as a career. There is nothing more rewarding then having a child look up to you and admire you. I had went  back to that boys and girls club for several months to follow and everyday I would make a little childs day better by playing with them or helping them with there homework.
 Then one day I went there and the women in charge had made a new rule that volunteers would have to keep there interactions with the children at a minimum. I thought to mself that is absoulutley ridiculous. What is the point of volunteering with children if you cannot interact with htem that muc. So I went up to this women and asked her why such a rule had been created. She proceeded to tell me that she did not want the volunteers to  get to close with the children so that when we stop coming or cant come anymore the children don’t get upset or have the feeling that someone else in there life was being taken away from them,. I understood to some extent after all these were underprivellged children whose parentsd didn’t rreally care for them and had a rough home life. Yet it still bothered me remendously. So I made the rash descsion to stop going and when I told the director she said once you leave you cannot come back, I said I understand and I am sorry.

Children are our greatest resources. Theey are so sweet and innocent and full of life. Children are also the best judge of character they are un bias and so innocent minded. The ability to connect with children is a gift. To get them to be able to open up to you and trust you is not something everyperson has. I love the faxct that I am so good with kids I feel like that will get me ahead in the field I wanrt to go intoIt doe smy heart good to know tjhya ther are kiids in the world that iam able to help. One thing I don’t like about working with kids is when I hear of cases of abuse. It absoulutley breaks my heart when I hear about a parent hitting there child or verbally abusing the,.

No comments:

Post a Comment